Sunday, March 29, 2009

As for my house....

So I thought, since I love interior design, that I would throw in what I would consider my dream house and how I picture the rooms there in. Okay so here is my sad story: My husband has traveled the world. He has been to countries like Thailand, Australia, The Philippines, Korea, Japan and many more, but STILL he prefers western simplicity. GAH! I struggle to become a more cultured individual from afar and like to incorporate things from many different countries to pull a room together. Where is the justice?!?!


My dream home.


There is something wondrous about a white bedroom. I love pale color palates, especially in the more intimate spaces like master bed and baths.



I would add a medieval chair, and a different sofa and but wholly I like this look. I would also change the throw pillows, add more art and add books to the decor, a room without books is wasted space.

I would like a combination of these two dining areas.
Strange I know, but I love it! I am not the kind of person to sit in a formal dining room, I eat dinner sitting on the counter top at my mom's. And being a vegetarian I am in no way a "meat and potatoes" kind of girl so I wanted a dining room that looks like the kind of food I usually eat. Strange, I know.

Except for cooking everyday meals, the kitchen is not a room I see myself spending a lot of time in. Regardless, I still had a vision of how it should look and had a hard time finding a picture that resembles it. This is as close as I could get; just envision a glass wall to add more light.

In home library and study. Always wanted one.

Again, just add a glass wall and eliminate the red and it would be perfect.


Who would not want a closet this big. Of course it would be filled with beautiful clothing, which as eco-friendly, charity driven, and unworldly as I try to be, I cannot deny my love for. I am ashamed. :)



To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment